U.S. Department of Labor OSHA 30 Hour Classroom Requirements
- Maximum of 25 students / minimum of 10
- Temperature controlled room large enough to comfortably accommodate class size
- Need a training space? We have classrooms available.
- Chairs & tables or suitable writing surface (clip board can be substituted for tables)
- Blue ink pens
- Self-addressed stamped envelope (For DOL ID Card)
- Photo ID Card (used to verify student ID)
- Attendance of all sessions / total of 30 hours of contact time
- Participation as required in course activities
- Passing of written examination
Course Outline Requirements
- 2 Hours – Introduction to OSHA
- 2 Hours – PPE & Lifesaving Equipment
- 2 Hours – Managing Safety & Health
- 2 Hours – Health Hazards in Construction
- 6 Hours – OSHA Focus Four Hazards
- 1 Hour – Stairways & Ladders
- Falls (minimum 1 hour and 15 minutes)
- Struck-By (e.g., falling objects, trucks, cranes)
- Caught-In or Between (e.g., trench hazards, equipment)
- 12 Hours – Concrete & Masonry / Confined Space Entry / Cranes, Derricks, Hoists, Elevators, & Conveyors / Ergonomics / Excavations / Fire Protection & Prevention / Materials Handling, Storage, Use and Disposal / Motor Vehicles, Mechanized Equipment and Marine Operations; Rollover Protective Structures and Overhead Protection; and Signs, Signals and Barricades / Powered Industrial Trucks / Safety & Health Programs / Scaffolds / Steel Erection / Tools – Hand and Power / Welding & Cutting
- 3 Hours – Any other construction industry hazards or policies and/or expand on the mandatory or elective topics. The minimum length of any topic is one-half hour.
Contact our office to get additional information and pricing for this course.
Course outline and employer electives will be established prior to training date.
Invoice is due on or prior to first day of class.